LAUREL, Md. — The Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI) will offer a webinar program on how drycleaners can maximize customers with pay-per-click advertising, plus five weekly member meetings in May.
DLI’s weekly Peer-to-Peer meetings will continue, designed to help members stay connected to share information and overcome challenges together.
In addition to these DLI events, the North Carolina Association of Cleaners and Launderers presents its annual convention and the MidAtlantic Association of Cleaners and Pennsylvania-Delaware Cleaners Association are teaming up to present their East Coast Leadership Conference in early June.
Upcoming Educational Programs
DLI presents the following virtual training schedule for May 2023:
- May 17: DLI Virtual Education Session at 1 p.m. Eastern — How to Maximize Customers with Pay-Per-Click and Google Ads with Cohen Wills of Cleaner Marketing
- May 17: DLI’s Marketing Lab Peer-to-Peer Meeting at 3 p.m. Eastern — Members meet monthly to discuss marketing strategies and tactics
- June 1 – 23 West Coast Stain Removal Course with DLI, California Cleaners Association, Sankosha USA, and U.S. Multitek
Upcoming Regional Association Events
In addition to DLI’s virtual events and meetings, its extended network of regional associations also host programs. Coming up are two of the largest events on the regional level.
- May 26 - 29 — North Carolina Association of Launderers and Cleaners – NCALC 2023 Annual Convention. The event will be held at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlantic Beach Oceanfront Hotel, Atlantic Beach, North Carolina. For more information, visit www.NCALC.org
- June 3 – 4 – MidAtlantic Association of Cleaners & Pennsylvania-Delaware Cleaners Association East Coast Leadership Conference: Equip... Explore... Energize..." The event will be held at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Maryland. For more information, visit tinyurl.com/3zyf8k32
On-Demand Webinar Library
DLI’s online presentations distill difficult topics into easy-to-understand lessons members can use to improve their businesses. All webinars presented by DLI are archived in the Members Only section of DLIonline.org, where members can find links several dozen recordings of previous programs. DLI began building its On-Demand Webinar Library in March 2023 and has collected more than 100 recordings covering the following categories and subtopics:
- Shoe Repair
- Wedding Gowns
- Floor Mats
- Drycleaning Machines
- General Maintenance
- Business Strategies
- Customer Service
- Team Building
- 21 Presentations on Various Topics with Dave Coyle of Maverick Drycleaners
- 16 Additional Marketing Webinars Covering General Topics
- Winter Coats and Comforters
- Handling Linen Garments
- Pants and Coats Finishing Techniques
- Finishing Techniques for Golf Shirts, Shorts, and Neckties
- Bleaching/Color Loss
- Delicate Fabrics
- Stain Removal Procedures in English and Spanish
Business Sales & Acquisitions
- Business Acquisitions
- Lease Negotiation
Strength in Numbers
“We remain 100% focused on helping members communicate and grow,” says DLI CEO Mary Scalco. “DLI’s doors are always open.”
For more information, visit the DLI website.
Have a question or comment? E-mail our editor Dave Davis at [email protected].