GREENFIELD, Wis. — The Wisconsin Fabricare Institute (WFI) recognized several of its members for their work toward professional and environmentally friendly drycleaning in Wisconsin’s Five Star Recognition Program during the association’s annual convention and tabletop trade show.
Five cleaners were recertified in WFI and Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI) professional programs — the Certified Professional Drycleaner (CPD), Certified Environmental Drycleaner (CED), and Certified Professional Wetcleaners (CPW) programs — and two cleaners renewed a level of the Five Star Environmental Recognition Program.
Those recognized include:
- Sue Doolin, Packard Way Cleaners Ltd. — CPW recertification
- Dennis Schmitt, Lindeman’s Cleaning Inc. — CPD recertification
- Karen Swink, Lindeman’s Cleaning Inc. — CPD recertification
- Tom Swink, Lindeman’s Cleaning Inc. — CPD recertification
- Ed Tutkowski, National One Hour Cleaners — CPD recertification
- National One Hour Cleaners, Oak Creek, Wis. — Four-Star Cleaner renewal
- Imogene’s Cleaning Center — Two-Star Cleaner renewal
The CPD, CED and CPW certification programs are a part of WFI’s broader Five Star Environmental Recognition Program for drycleaners. The Five Star Environmental Recognition Program is conducted in cooperation with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR), the Wisconsin Department of Commerce and the University of Wisconsin Extension Service.