LAUREL, Md. — Continuing to develop their skills and the skills of your staff is one thing that is in the control of every small- and midsized business, and dry cleaners are no exception. The tip or trick you pick up today could delight a client and make them a customer for life tomorrow.
First started as a way to aid cleaners during the lockdown of the pandemic, the Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI) is continuing to provide weekly webinars, conducted via Zoom. This online education program brings cleaning experts and business leaders together with cleaners to share experiences, lessons and thoughts about the industry.
“As business continues to improve, members are busier and have less time to spend online,” says Mary Scalco, DLI’s CEO. “Our goal, as always, is to give members more value than the cost of membership. DLI will continue sharing educational and networking opportunities on a weekly basis. We are focused on helping members communicate and grow.”
September Webinar Schedule
The following webinars and virtual training opportunities will be held in September 2021. All programs go live at 1 p.m. EST:
- Wednesday, Sept. 1 — Shoe Repair with Jim Hardy of Harrell's Cleaners and Battle Street Shoe Repair
- Wednesday, Sept. 8 — No programs this week due to U.S. Labor Day holiday
- Wednesday, Sept. 15 — The Most Important Tool in Obtaining Financial Freedom with Industry Marketing Coach Dave Coyle of Maverick Drycleaners
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 — Buying Out Your Competitor with Riaz Chauthani with president of Polo Cleaners in Southern California and co-owner of Rix Business Sales
- Wednesday, Sept. 29 — Risk-Based Assessment with Enviroforensics
DLI is also continuing to host weekly Peer-to-Peer Member Zoom meetings Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m. Eastern, each week in September, except for the week of Labor Day. “Members learn how other cleaning business professionals are adapting to the current business climate, share ideas, get answers to questions, and even just vent,” Scalco says.
On-Demand Video Archive
For members who can’t attend live webinars, DLI offers recordings of the presentations. This archive currently contains nearly 100 videos in the following categories:
- Stain Removal
- Business Sales and Acquisitions
For more information, visit DLI’s website.