CINCINNATI — Dry cleaners from the United States and Canada gathered here recently for a Sanitone® Licensee Seminar, titled All the Ingredients to Build Your Own Success.
The speakers' topics were based on leveraging assets in this strained economic environment and utilizing different tools and ideas to differentiate one's business and to guide it to success through tough times.
Some of the speakers and their topics were:
- Route consultant Ron Herrmann, on Driving Your Routes to the Next Level
- Jan Barlow, owner of Jan's Cleaners and president of the Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI), on using The Cloud of electronic devices to market dry cleaning services
- Siblings Andrea Kramer Wilcox and Rich Kramer, City Dry Cleaning, on working in a family-owned dry cleaning business by Defining Roles and Rules
- Charles Selmon, mailing solution specialist with the U.S. Post Office, introduced the Advantages of the Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) Program
- Ron Garrett, MW Cleaners, on How Improving Customer Service Can Improve Sales
- Eldridge Cannon, Cannon's Coastal Cleaners, on Investing in His Business, not himself, to become successful
- Plant owners from Colvin Cleaners, Williams Cleaners and Balfurd Inc. shared specific stories of successful strategies incorporated in their cleaning establishments
- Evan Fee, health and safety specialist, Cintas, explained how the New GHS Hazard Labeling Rules will affect all industries
Sanitone, a division of Fabritec International, will host its 68th Annual New England Sanitone Licensees Meeting on Jan. 11-12 in Boston.