LAUREL, Md. — The Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI) recently unveiled the lineup for its April webinar series, designed to provide members with educational information they can take with them as society begins to open back up.
“This month’s schedule is packed with more weekly training webinars covering topics that are not only important for your staff but for yourself and your management team,” says Mary Scalco, CEO of DLI said. “Now is the time to make sure you and your staff have the skills required to take on new challenges or even brush up on some old ones,” she said.
More than 400 DLI members registered for the webinars held in February. The organization is also sponsoring a series of webinars — SpringFest Expo 2021 — from April 28 through April 30, using the same format as last November’s FallFest Expo. For more information about these offerings, visit the Pennsylvania and Delaware Cleaners Association’s (PDCA) website.
The webinar programs for April, conducted via Zoom, are offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and go live at 1 p.m. EST. The schedule it:
- Tuesday, April 6 — "Renegotiating and Terminating Leases for Drycleaners," conducted by EnviroForensics
- Tuesday, April 13 — "OSHA Injury & Illness Reporting," featuring OSHA Consultant Mike Tatch
- Wednesday, April 14 — "New Services Members are Offering" panel discussion
- Tuesday, April 20 — "Equipment: Preventative Maintenance and Repair" panel discussion sponsored by Mid-Atlantic Association of Cleaners (MAC)
- Wednesday, April 21 — "How to stage a Grand Reopening Post-Covid," with industry marketing coach Dave Coyle of Maverick Drycleaners
For those unable to attend live, the webinars are recorded and available for replay on DLI’s website.
DLI also hosts twice-weekly peer-to-peer Zoom meetings every Tuesday at 10 a.m. and Thursday at 11:30 a.m. EST. “Members hear how other cleaning business professionals are adapting to the current business climate, share ideas, get answers to questions, and even just vent,” Scalco says.
For more information, visit the DLI website.
Have a question or comment? E-mail our editor Dave Davis at [email protected] .