To help combat the effect that the global pandemic has had on the cleaning industry, the Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI) will be hosting several webinars and peer-to-peer meetings for its members in January. The goal is to provide fresh ideas, allow cleaners to communicate and collaborate and spread ideas that business owners can take into the new year.
“Our school may be closed for now but DLI is committed to sharing information drycleaning professionals need to survive this crisis,” said Brian Johnson, DLI’s Director of Education. “So far we’ve produced more than 50 webinars and we’re not slowing down anytime soon. Drycleaners need this information. We’re here to help them survive this and come out stronger on the other side.”
DLI will present the following schedule of webinars and virtual training opportunities:
- Tuesday, Jan. 5 – "Using LinkedIn to Generate Business" with Lou D’Autorio
- Wednesday, Jan. 6 – "29 Tech Tools to Create Social Media Content" with Beth Z
- Tuesday, Jan. 12 – "Wetcleaning" with Laundrylux’s Dan Goldman
- Wednesday, Jan. 13 – "Little Known COVID Tax Benefits" with PuzzleHR
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 – "Tailoring" with Dale Kaplan of Kaplan’s Careful Cleaners
- Wednesday, Jan. 20 – "Create Your Marketing Plan for 2021" with Dave Coyle
- Tuesday, Jan. 26 – "Using Bleaches" with the A.L. Wilson Chemical Company
- Wednesday, Jan. 27 – "Top 10 Things to Do Now to Prosper" with Diana Vollmer
Members who miss these webinars will be able to view them after the fact in DLI’s on-demand video library.
DLI also offers members two opportunities each week to gather and discuss industry-related topics. Zoom meetings are held Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and Wednesdays at 3 p.m.
To sign up for these events or to learn more about DLI, visit www.DLIonline.org.