LAUREL, Md. — The Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI) has announced that it will offer a virtual stain removal course in May. The six, three-hour sessions will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
DLI is offering this hands-on, live instruction in a remote learning format over multiple sessions so that students can get the training they need without traveling to DLI’s School of Drycleaning Technology.
“The pandemic hit our industry hard,” said Brian Johnson, DLI’s Director of Education & Analysis. “In its nearly 100-year history, DLI’s school was only closed one other time during World War II. With this course, we’re offering in-depth, virtual, live training. This will help students understand this complex, but very important, aspect of the business.”
Topics for the course will include:
- Removing coffee, ink, grease and other stains from clothing
- Identifying cotton, silk, polyester, and other fabrics
- Using bleaches without damaging the fabric color
- Using specialty products such as digesters, amyl acetate, and acetone in stain removal
- Identifying fibers and fabric construction
The course will begin on Tuesday, May 4 and run through Thursday, May 20. The course is free for DLI Premier Members, $177 for Gold Members, $236 for Standard Members, $295 for Budget Members, and $495 for non-DLI members.
For more information, contact [email protected] or call 800-638-2627.
Have a question or comment? E-mail our editor Dave Davis at [email protected] .