LAUREL, Md. — Even as business picks up in the aftermath of the pandemic, it’s important for dry cleaners to keep learning and improving their skills, both at their craft and at running their business.
The Drycleaning & Laundry Institute started offering regular webinars as continuing education opportunities during the depths of the industry’s downtime, and is continuing to provide this service to their members, announcing four new webinars, conducted via Zoom, for August.
“As business continues to improve, members are busier and have less time to spend online,” says Mary Scalco, DLI’s CEO. “Our goal, as always, is to give members more value than the cost of membership. DLI will continue sharing educational and networking opportunities on a weekly basis. We are focused on helping members communicate and grow.”
August Webinar Schedule
The following webinars and virtual training opportunities will be held in August 2021. All programs go live at 1 p.m. EST:
- Wednesday, August 4 — “Shoe Repair” with Jim Hardy of Harrell’s Cleaners and Battle Street Shoe Repair
- Wednesday, August 11 — “Sustainability” with Diana Vollmer of Ascend Consulting
- Wednesday, August 18 — “Packaging your Services into Subscriptions and Memberships” with Industry Marketing Coach Dave Coyle of Maverick Drycleaners
- Wednesday, August 25 — “Where to Find Scroll-Stopping Social Media Content” with Peter Blake
DLI is also continuing to host weekly Peer-to-Peer Member Zoom meetings Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m. Eastern, each week in August. “Members learn how other cleaning business professionals are adapting to the current business climate, share ideas, get answers to questions, and even just vent,” Scalco says.
On-Demand Video Archive
For members who can’t attend live webinars, DLI offers recordings of the presentations. The archive currently contains nearly 100 videos in the following categories:
- Stain Removal
- Business Sales and Acquisitions
For more information, visit DLI’s website.